How To Customize Grand Theft Auto San Andreas With Awesome Cars
It’s been nearly a decade since the famous GTA San Andreas was released, but I’m proud to say I’m still playing it. I must have finished the game for like 7 times now and I’m still playing it over and over because I made some customization’s to my game and it gets fun every time I play it. I’ve customized lots of cars in the game with cars of my own choice, for example I’ve replaced the old-looking Clover car with an awesome looking American Muscle car which makes me wanna get into the car anywhere I see it.
Most gamers doesn’t know how to customize it, so to let everyone know how to liven-up your San Andreas again I will guide you through a tutorial on how to customize GTA SA. Follow my guide exactly as I say and be sure to back-up your files before making changes.
- Download the Image tool – this is the tool we’re gonna use to customize GTA files.
- Now head over to GTA Inside website and download any vehicle under the San Andreas category. For this lesson I suggest you to download the 1994 Ferrari F355. Go download the file and unpack it.
- Open the Image Tool and open GTA3 IMG file in your game installation folder( C: Program Files/Rockstar Games/San Andreas/models)
- Now hit the F2 key to find the file of the required vehicle (usually its the name of the files you’ve downloaded). In this case its zr350. Find both zr350.dff and zr350.txd. Now make a back up of those files and then replace those files with the one’s you downloaded.
- Many of these vehicle packs comes with a Read Me file that has all the codes that you need to replace in GTA files. Open that Text file in the downloaded folder and you will see some lines with the name of your car at the bottom. Now go to your game installation folder- usually its C: Program Files/Rockstar Games/San Andreas and open the Data folder. Find and open Handling.CFG (choose notepad to open these files) and find the line for your car (zr350) and replace the entire line with the one that provided with the downloaded text file. Now do the same for the other required files – Vehicle.IDE and Carcol.DAT.
- All done. Open the game and you will have a super-fast ride waiting for you to kill some innocent pedestrians.
Note: Before making any customization’s. Make sure you don’t have the vehicle that you’re gonna replace in any of your garage’s and back up your files. Also be sure to read comments before downloading vehicle packs because most of those packs are full of bugs.
Congratulations. Now you know how to add a custom car to San Andreas. But it’s only the beginning. There’s lot more to learn in customizing GTA San Andres, like adding custom codes, missions, CLEO customization and add-on modes. But I will explain about them in my next article. Stay tuned and subscribe to Fresh Infos to get the latest updates.
(All The Images, Trademarks, Logo’s Shown on this Post are the property of their respective owners)